Happy Marriage, Part 1
Intro: The Biblical Marriage series
We all know that the first step into getting to begin a romantic relationship of course is physical attraction. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Physical attraction is the primary reason why people get involved. Some people get into any relationship just because the other person welcomed the relationship. Yet, we have many that are selective with who they connect with.
Some are driven by the idea that they don’t want to be alone, so anybody will do.
We have to remember that while a person may be alone, one needs to think about what kind of person they need to be happy with. As we all know, looks can be deceiving in Proverbs 31:30 Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.
- Women contribute Assistance to the marriage:
- Genesis 2:18 The Lord said, it is not good for a man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. Because man and woman were created for one another.
- Every woman brings a blessing into the relationship. In the past series, I discussed the word “Ezer” which is the Greek word meaning to aid or to assist. She provides the husband the help that he can’t be without.
- She imparts strength
- Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity. The Hebrew word has the meaning of boldness and empowerment.
- The men become more empower and they become bolder because of their relationship with their wives. It like the say, behind every man is a good woman.
- She imparts Trust:
- Proverbs 31:11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. 12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- She imparts confidence:
- Proverbs 31:25, “She can laugh at the days to come.” The men become stronger in trust because of the imparted confidence of the wife.
- She imparts Wisdom and kindness:
- Proverbs 31:26, “ She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.”
- She imparts financially
- Proverbs 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. (The wife watches over the affairs of her household. )
- The husband gains security and feels safer when he knows she is not spending all the money.
- Proverbs 31: 16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. (She invests her money)
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
The wife is the greatest blessing given to men other than eternal salvation. The wife should be loved and cherished. Colossians 3:19 ESV Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.
A good women provides in all the 6 points which I explained in this teaching. However, I know women do way more in which I didn’t mentioned.
Men, when you have a happy wife, she will treat her man like a King…
But treat her unfairly, and you will have a lioness in your mist. Proverbs 18:22 ESV He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.
1 Peter 3:7 ESV Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
Blessings, and please leave me a commit. I would love to hear from you.