Jump-starting the New Year
Well, here it is. A new year again, and we keep making promises or goals that this time we are really gonna do it. How many times have we told ourselves that this is it? Yet summer arrives and we still haven’t accomplished our goals.
You’re not alone! Every year millions of people fail to keep their goals. We become disinterested, busy, lazy, forgetful, and so on. Yet, we begin to feel guilty, upset, and angry with ourselves due to our failing attitude. How can this be? Another year, and we still haven’t achieved our goals… why?
It’s so hard, and we just can’t do it…. We love food, we enjoy it so much that it’s entertaining! Then, months go by, then we begin to develop a sense of loss… But, we know it doesn’t have to be that way. We have to resist. Resist, what? Well, the mentality that we carry with us daily. Our mindset has to change and we have to cast it off…. Resist – our old way of thinking. Ha! How do we do that? It’s simple, but we have to renew our way of thinking.
Below, I will make a list of points with scripture, so that we can strengthen ourselves into thinking as Christ has given us the path.
Psalm 51:10 (KJV) Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
- Let’s ask Father, YHWH to give us a clean heart, not only spiritually, but emotionally as well. We need to remove those emotions that bring us into food eating binges.
- Create in us a healthy spirit – where we connect with Father emotionally in our daily relationship with Him. Our heart, where we can be healed in our spirit both emotionally and spiritually. As we deal with our emotions, we begin to heal thus we begin to stop our eating binges.
- Deuteronomy 32:39 KJV See now that I (GOD), even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
- We need to acknowledge that Father, YHWH is the only one to completely heal us spiritually. He created our bodies, He made us, He will heal us, and nobody or anything else can replace Him.
- We need Him, God, YHWH – we must know with all our hearts, mind, and soul, that it is Father, God YHWH, who is the one in total control over our lives. We can receive our healing through him.
- Isaiah 53:5 (KJV) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed.
3. Philippians 4:13 (KJV) I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me.
- Trust in the Lord to guide us and strengthen us daily to accomplish our goals.
- Romans 12:2 – And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Not only are we to transform our mind, but totally renew our way of thinking. Do not dwell in the negative but in all things that are lovely and true. The only way to overcome is to change the way we think of ourselves. We are Heirs of the living God. Let’s walk like it.
- Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
These are just a few points to get you started on the right path. We alone can’t do it, that’s why we keep failing to achieve our goals… Let’s look into the author and finisher of our Faith who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2) With this in mind, don’t forget to pray because Jesus is our great High Priest and He intercedes for us as we come to Father in prayer in Jesus name.
God bless you, and I pray that this short article encourages you to begin the New Year goals with the right mindset. We can do it, and together we will.
Prayer? Contact me at “firstname.lastname@example.org