Falling into Apostasy
Wow, don’t tell me you are having a difficult time believing in what God, YHWH has promised to all His children. Don’t tell me that being a Christian is a loss of time. Don’t tell me you can’t remain faithful to church services, don’t tell me that loving, and giving unto the Lord is not real nor that it doesn’t work, don’t tell me you don’t believe that the Word of God works. It does work if you follow the Word of God!
What doesn’t work is your lack of faith in GOD, YHWH!
What is Apostasy?
In Christianity, Apostasy is the rejection of Christian belief by someone who formerly was a Christian. It is by defection, departure, revolt, or rebellion. It has been described as “a willful falling away from, or rebellion against Christianity or towards the Church of God, YHWH.
Another word to be considered is Backsliding
Backsliding, which is otherwise called falling away – committing apostasy. This is a term used within Christianity to describe a process by which an individual who has converted to Christianity reverts to pre-conversion habits and/or lapses or falls into sin when a person turns from God to pursue their own desire.
Let’s begin with Jesus and why people fall into Apostasy or Backslide.
In the Gospel of Mark, it mentions a visit by Jesus to his hometown together with his followers. On the Sabbath, he enters the synagogue and begins to teach. It states, that there were many who heard him and were ‘astounded’, and offended, and they asked him “is this not the carpenter, the son of Mary?” It further states that he could do no ‘deeds of power there’ except to heal a few sick people. Jesus was amazed at the community’s lack of belief in him, Jesus observes that “Prophets are not without honor, except in their hometown, and among their own kin, and in their own house.” Ref. Mark 6:1-6. It is also mentioned in the Gospel of Matthew, which differs from the Gospel of Mark by having those in the synagogue describe Jesus as the “son of the carpenter” and stating that he could not do many deeds of power rather than none. Ref. Matthew 13:54-58.
There are many reasons why people fall into Apostasy.
Throughout my time as a Christian, I have observed several things and as per the word of God, I will explain below the situations and actions of men that cause one to fall into Apostasy or backsliding.
- No honor – First of all, people do not want to honor God’s chosen. Mostly, everybody has a relative who is in the ministry as a Bible Teacher, Pastor, Evangelist, Prophet or Apostle. People have a hard time believing that Father, YHWH can use them since you know all their faults as well as their best behavior. However, the faults out-weight the good due to your bias judgment. Being Biased is kind of lopsided too which a biased person favors one side or issue over another. While biased is also is a form of being “prejudiced.” This is why Jesus was not honored in His hometown due to their biased – prejudiced attitudes towards Him. These caused a lack of miracles or the moving of the Holy Spirit and nothing spiritual was received by the people. This will justify their attitudes towards their perception of them. So, they criticize their ministry as false prophets. They neglect to analyze their own hearts as to why they rejected the anointing. But of course, a person who is in the state of apostasy always blames the church or others for their lack of participation in the church. Let’s read Hebrews 5:11-14 it states, “About this, we have much to say, and it is hard to explain since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness since he is a child (spiritually). But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
2. Obedience: Jesus learned obedience through what he suffered. This is the thing, people or Christians don’t want to obey Father, YHWH. They don’t want to submit to the calling or to just be faithful to a local ministry. They don’t want to pay the price of carrying their cross. We are being made perfect through suffering and this is why the church is full of baby Christians. No pain, no gain. In Hebrews 5: 7-10 In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.
3. Offense – Isaiah prophesied that not only would the Messiah offend people, but that He would be for a “stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense” It is written in Isaiah. 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offense to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem. In 1 Corinthians 10:32, it states, ” give none offense, neither to the Jews nor to the Gentiles nor to the church of God.” The offense is such a sensitive situation. Why do we allow such unimportant matters to dictate our days? Many get easily offended by the actions of others? To be easily offended means that we are resentful, annoyed, even insulted because of the actions or words of another. The easily offended are often unhappy, frequently complaining and assuming malicious intent instead of accumulating the facts. They tend to make mountains out of molehills and are considered “high maintenance” by others. People who allow themselves to become offended need to mature and truly grown in this area. Essentially, we get angry because we assume we’re a better person and we know better. We all fall short of God’s perfection.
4. Covetousness – Isaiah 57:17 for the iniquity of his covetousness I was angry and struck him; I hid and I was angry, and he went on backsliding in the way off his heart. Covetousness “wrongly desirous of wealth or possessions; greedy. This is a heart-sin and very displeasing to God. It is “to wish, long, or crave for (something, esp the property of another person.” It sets up a rival (a person or thing competing with another for the same objective ) with him in the soul.
5. Bitterness – Jeremiah 2:19 Your own wickedness will correct you, And your backslidings will rebuke you. Know therefore and see that it is an evil and bitter thing that you have forsaken the LORD your God, And the fear of me is not in you,” Says the Lord GOD of hosts. Bitterness – hard to bear; grievous; distressful: a bitter sorrow, causing pain; intense hostility: bitter hatred.
a. The cause of sin; it is because God’s fear is not in mankind. Men forsake their duty to God because they stand in no fear of him nor have any terror of his displeasure.
b. The evil nature of sin; it is an evil thing and a bitter. It is the root and cause of all other evil; it is evil indeed, for it is not only the greatest opposition to the divine nature but the greatest corruption of human nature. It is bitter; a state of sin is the gall of bitterness, and every sinful way will be bitterness in the latter end; the wages of it is death, and death is bitter. (4.) The fatal consequences of sin; as it is in itself evil and bitter,
6. Adultery or Fornication – Commandment #6 “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
a. Jeremiah 3:8 Then I saw that for all the causes for which backsliding Israel had committed adultery, I had put her away and given her a certificate of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but went and played the harlot also. This is spiritual adultery – fornication.
b. Here is a short account of Israel, the ten tribes. They were extremely addicted to idolatry. They had played the harlot upon every high mountain and under every green tree (Jer. 3:6), that is, they had worshipped other gods in their high places and groves.
c. People now commit “Spiritual” adultery and have always done so by having, believing and practicing witchcraft, the practice of El Huevo, horoscope, and worship of angels, New Wave Religion of Negative and positive energy; Space cleaning (holistic practices), Voodoo, Crystals, candles, etc…Faith is placed on other things or practices instead of God and not giving God the glory. It is putting oneself first before God in time out, family, and work. Anything put in front of God is Idolatry.
7. Deceitfulness- Jeremiah 8:5 Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in continuing backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, they refuse to return.
a. the act or practice of deceiving; conceal or distortion of the truth for the purpose of misleading; duplicity; fraud; cheating. People begin to convince themselves that they are right, and they do not listen to Godly council.
8. Self Trust – Jeremiah 49:4 Why do you boast in the valleys, Your flowing valley, O backsliding daughter? Who trusted in her treasures, saying, ‘Who will come against me?’ People begin to think and say that they have all their blessings because they worked for it. That God did not bless them; they worked for it so why go to church.
9. Do not exalt God – Hosea 11:7 My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they call to the Most High, None at all exalt Him. People are failing to pray and dedicate their time to the Father also in worship…no relationship with God, the Father.
Hosea14:4 “I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, For My anger has turned away from him. God is merciful.
Other forms of Apostasy deceptions
Temptations: Christians are tempted to engage in various vices that were a part of their lives before they became Christians (idolatry, sexual immorality, covetousness, etc.). They continue in such acts because the Church is not teaching godly, and righteous behavior. They may teach, but not calling out repeated behavior and the babe Christian continues to believe they are okay.
Deceptions: Christians encountered various heresies and false teachings spread by false teachers and prophets that threatened to seduce them away from their pure devotion to Christ. When a person doesn’t know the Word of God, it is so easy to believe anything that is demonic and not based on the Word of God.
False religions: Many are false indeed, but anything that states that Jesus Christ is not the Son of God is a false releigion, and the New Age Movement sought as religion is one of them. It is the kind of spiritual belief and way of life held by some westerners… They make their own decisions about what God is and how they worship God if they even believe in God at all. New Age people often meditate, and worship the creations of God, but not the Creator; it is referred to in some forms as the “light” or positive “energy.”
Voodoo creped into the Catholic Church with certain practices such as praying to other entities instead of directly praying to God as mentioned in the Bible through the name of Jesus. In the African and Latin communities, they use the Voodoo practice of the Egg for healing and deliverance from the evil eye and including the use of herbs cleansing, candles, and incense, which was a common practice in Voodoo. There are other voodoo practices that did not carry over into the western nations.
1 Timothy 4:1 states, “Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons. Paul often notes that any doctrines which contradict the gospel are inherently evil (Galatians 1:8–9). Saying that these are the teachings of “demons” is a potent way of declaring that their claims are contrary to the “sound doctrine” which was given by Christ (James 3:15).
I am sharing this website with you for more information on Christianity and Voodoo in case you so desire to read a little more on this subject for educational purposes. It’s good to be informed. https://www.compellingtruth.org/Voodoo-Bible.html
Persecutions: Christians were persecuted by the governing powers of the day for their allegiance to Christ. Many Christians were threatened with certain death if they would not deny Christ. We all know that those who live a godly life with be persecuted by many means of hatred. It is so stated in 2 Timothy 3:12 it is written; Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. Also, it is written in 1 Peter 4:12-14, Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange was happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
In Romans 8:35 it is written, “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” Do not let any persecution deter you off the road in your relationship with Father, YHWH. It is written that, while we are persecuted we are to bless them and not to curse them… in Romans 12:14, “Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.”
Be of good cheer for Christ has overcome… I am giving you this link with overcoming scriptures for your encouragement. Please read them or study them. It’s so important to know that you do have the victory in Christ. This link is… https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Overcoming-The-World/ Now, remember that in Matthew 19:26, it states, “And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Plus also in Philippians 4:13 states, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” We must stay on the path of righteousness and be disciples of our Lord, Jesus Christ so we too may overcome in his precious holy name and be overcomers in His Kingdom for eternity.
Please leave me a comment, I’ll love to hear from you. God bless you, and may His glory abound in you.